As with any new school year, I am excited to invite children and teachers back into our building for the 2021-22 opening. However, this year seems to have a special excitement attached to it. As a school community we have worked exceptionally hard to maintain positivity in our school building over the last year and a half. Ironically it has brought us closer than ever before, despite the reality of maintaining distance. I am looking forward to having all of our students back in the building this year and positivity will again live in our hallways. Focusing on positives remains important despite the notion that the light at the end of the COVID tunnel may appear slightly further away than we thought. Our positive outlooks, as we know, not only influence our children but also our peers. I look forward to an academically and socially productive school year for our entire school community.
Our commitment at Laurel Springs School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging learning environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and lifelong learners.
High standards and individual expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is through the contributions of our staff, students, and school community that allow us to educate the “whole child” and foster a sense of pride and kindness within our students.
We believe that effective teachers:
* Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking and problem solving
* Implement strategies that promote collaboration within students
* Design instruction and assessments to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources
* Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction
* Collaborate with colleagues to interpret student performance data and let this data drive our practice
We believe that successful students:
* Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences
* Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems
* Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions
* Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness
* Contribute to the global community with purpose and in a respectful manner
Dragons stand for strength and our school’s mission to empower our learners, spark curiosity, and create confidence in the students that make up the community of Laurel Springs. Be sure to check out our Dragon 5 Pledge and 7 NEW student created Dragon Traits that our students aspire to be known for. WINGS provide us the energy and framework to soar to new heights and achieve goals with a sense of pride and determination.
Dragon 5 Pledge
We dream big,
Never give up,
7 Dragon Traits (Students will be spotlighted monthly for showing these traits)
Optimistic, Humble, Valiant, Persistent, Dependable, Collaborative, Imaginative
I look forward to an exciting and motivating school year filled with overall school and individual growth. Please know that everyone's perspectives continue to be valued and considered. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out at any time. I can be reached at [email protected] or at extension 111. I am honored to serve as your principal.