It is with great excitement that I welcome you into another school year at Laurel Springs School. We have been busy this summer preparing for another socially and academically stimulating year!
Our commitment at Laurel Springs School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging learning environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and lifelong learners.
High standards and individual expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is through the contributions of our staff, students, and school community that allow us to educate the “whole child” and foster a sense of pride and kindness within our students.
We believe that effective teachers:
* Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking and problem solving
* Implement strategies that promote collaboration within students
* Design instruction and assessments to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources
* Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction
* Collaborate with colleagues to interpret student performance data and let this data drive our practice
We believe that successful students:
* Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences
* Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems
* Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions
* Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness
* Contribute to the global community with purpose and in a respectful manner
We are extremely proud to announce the unveiling of our new school mascot and logo! Sterling has the Knights, Yellin has the Squires. In sticking with that theme, our school collaborated, and we are now the Blue Dragons! Dragons stand for strength and our school’s mission to empower our learners, spark curiosity, and create confidence in the students that make up the community of Laurel Springs. Along with our new Blue Dragon comes our Dragon 5 Pledge and 7 Dragon Traits that our students aspire to be known for. With our WINGS we can soar to new heights and achieve goals with a sense of pride and determination.
Dragon 5 Pledge
We dream big,
Never give up,
7 Dragon Traits (Students will be spotlighted monthly for showing these traits)
Curiosity, Resourcefulness, Courage, Self-Discipline, Citizenship, Grit, Nobility
I look forward to an exciting and motivating school year filled with overall school and individual growth. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at [email protected] or at extension 111. I am honored to serve as your principal.